Select Guides to Conducting HIAs
- Health Scotland. Health impact assessment: a guide for local authorities. 2006.
- Hebert KA, Wendel AM, Kennedy SK, Dannenberg AL. Health impact assessment: a comparison of 45 local, national, and international guidelines. Environmental Impact Assessment Review 2012; 34:74-82.
- Human Impact Partners. A health impact assessment toolkit: a handbook to conducting HIA. 2010.
- Institute of Public Health in Ireland. Health Impact Assessment Guidance. 2009.
- International Finance Corporation, World Bank.Introduction to Health Impact Assessment. 2009.
- International Health Impact Assessment Consortium, Liverpool, UK. The Merseyside guidelines for health impact assessment. 2001.
- International Health Impact Assessment Consortium, Liverpool, UK. European policy health impact assessment: a guide. 2004.
- North American HIA Practice Standards Working Group. Minimum elements and practice standards for health impact assessment (HIA). 2010.
- University of Minnesota, Design for Health. Rapid health impact assessment toolkit. 2008.
Additional Training Materials
- University of California Los Angeles, School of Public Health Training resources and UCLA HIA Training Manual.
- International Association for Impact Assessments the leading global network on best practice in the use of impact assessment for informed decision making, providing several training manuals and reports.
- National Network of Public Health Institutes HIA training materials
- All Articles About HIA by U.S. Authors Compiled by Andrew Dannenberg. (Updated March 2015)